19 Mar Coronavirus Update
Windgap News And Updates
We are closely following recommendations made by the NSW Department of Health and are adopting strategies to manage the safety of our community.
Any news or information received from these trusted sources will be updated and redistributed regularly.
As always, Windgap is committed to open communication and will continue to keep you informed with further updates as they come to hand.
We ask that everyone remain calm and support each other during this time. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us.
Our reception and email is monitored closely during business hours:
Phone: (02) 8337 3600
Windgap News Update
Windgap will continue to follow the recommendations and guidance of NSW Health for disability service providers and remains vigilant on practices to ensure the health and safety of our participants and staff.
Current practices remain in place at Windgap
Programs & Services:
- Facemasks are recommended for all staff and participants indoors. Mask wearing, hand sanitizing, cleaning of all surfaces and room ventilation – all remain a good way to help stop the spread of colds, flu and COVID-19. All participants are encouraged to wear a N95 mask, where possible.
- Ensure hand hygiene is maintained.
- Anyone who is unwell will be sent home and asked to seek a covid-19 test immediately. RAT tests are available for all residents, staff and participants.
- Regular cleaning, sanitising and detailed cleaning of all sites and our transport vehicles is ongoing.
- COVID-19 Safety Plans for each site are regularly reviewed and updated to remain best practice.
- Windgap has a commitment to open disclosure of positive cases and communications to all stakeholders will continue.
- Windgap continues to monitor the NSW Health Website for changes – especially in regard to the supports in the Disability Sector and will implement accordingly.
Additional requirements for Residences:
- RAT tests are available if symptoms are present as a precaution.
- Residents are supported to register a positive RAT test with Service NSW.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) are located onsite at all times.
Thank you for your ongoing commitment to ensure the health and safety of each other, our participants and families.
Up To Date Communications
Families – please ensure we have your current contact details so we can keep you updated. This includes your mobile number and email address. Please contact our reception on (02) 8337 3600 within business hours.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.