Get a Head Start on your Transition from School
Windgap is dedicated to preparing and supporting young people with an intellectual disability, progress from high school into a School Leavers Employment Support program (SLES), through our 8-week work experience program at Windgap.
This program is a great opportunity to trial our different Supported Employment opportunities at Windgap and work in our TukkaBox Café, learning hospitality skills.
On-The-Job Work Experience
Our 8-week program offers a variety of roles in:
Growability Crew – work with our gardening and lawn mowing crew at residential and commercial properties within the community, guided by our professional Growability team leaders.
Hospitality Program – work in our Tukkabox café, learning barista skills, cooking, cash register and customer service skills.
Warehouse Operations – work with our commercial warehouse on a range of jobs, picking and packing, wrapping, and boxing up jobs in your team.
In addition to on-the-job training, Windgap’s Learning and Life Skills Hub also provides:
- Classroom and online learning modules – job readiness and confidence in a work environment, workplace etiquette, WH&S, and resume writing.
- Skill tracking and Easy Read development reports provided.
- Mentoring / Buddy Program with Windgap Supported Employees.
- Graduation ceremony at the end of the 8 week program.
- Other community inclusion opportunities provided.
What are the benefits?
Every person is different, so we work with you to understand your talents and interests to match you with the best opportunities.
Personal benefits and outcomes include:
- On the job experience and training in a real workplace
- Build independence, confidence and self esteem
- Real workplace participation
- Team building skills
- Experience success and job satisfaction
- Organisation and time management skills
- Opportunity to meet new people and form friendships
Start a conversation with us today to find out more.
How To Apply
Our Work Experience program is available for groups of up to 8 through your year 11 and 12 school. Alternatively, Windgap can also accept applications from individuals looking to transition into Supported Employment for those 18 years and older.
To discuss your needs, please contact us to find out more using the enquiry form below.
We look forward to hearing from you and supporting you in your employment journey within the community.
Click here to read more about our Enterprises at Windgap
We are here to help. Talk to our team for more information, support or advice.
(02) 8337 3600
Monday to Friday 8.30am-4pm
Send an enquiry:
Please send us the details of your enquiry and we’ll get back to you in the next 2-3 business days.