There’s No Place Like Home – Rosebery




Located in the Sydney suburb of Rosebery, this residential home offers a peaceful haven that caters for a person with disabilities seeking a place to call home.

This large group home on a quiet residential street is securely fenced,  located close to cafes, shops and transport – with four private bedrooms, two bathrooms, 2 shared indoor spaces, an outdoor living area and a well maintained garden. This single storey air conditioned home has a ramp entrance for wheelchair accessibility and is suitable for people with limited mobility.

Windgap also has a range of Community Day Programs and Supported Employment located in Eastlakes and Botany Grove, with transport to take you to and from your daily activities.

This home has been approved by the Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) under the category “Improved Liveability”.

To live in this group home you will need to have Supported Independent Living (SIL) funding included in your NDIS Package.

To ensure your health and safety all workers and residents in our homes are 100% vaccinated.

Register your interest today! Complete the enquiry form below or call Grainne on (02) 8337 3622.

Features of the property


  • Four bedrooms
  • Two bathrooms
  • Two living areas
  • Central air conditioning/heating
  • Secure backyard

Lifestyle highlights


  • 24-hour support staff
  • Outdoor Area
  • Level driveway
  • Close to local parks, shops, cafes and transport


What is SIL funding?

Supported Independent Living funding (SIL) is the funding given to the provider to provide 24/7 support within the group home 7 days per week. It provides support/supervision to the individual to complete the tasks of daily living. It provides support to the person to participate in the running of their home and community activities. It helps the person to live as independently as possible.

What is not covered by SIL?

  • Rent, Board and Lodging
  • Transport
  • Household budgeting re: personal activities
  • Expenses related to holidays
  • Personal care supports if hospitalised
  • Items covered in other sections of the NDIS price guide

How do I get SIL funding?

Have a Goal in their NDIS plan relating to seeking housing (either first or second goal).

Engage an Occupational Therapist to develop a Functional Assessment Report. They will often require around 15-20 hours of funding from the Improved Daily Living category. This report will need to address why a person is unable to access other suitable housing options (social housing/private rental). If a person is currently living with family the report needs to identify why this is not sustainable (for example aging parents).

Psychology/GP report indicating that from a psychological perspective the person is a suitable candidate for supported living environment.

A Support Coordinator will also need to submit a detailed Housing Solutions Report that summarises all the information and identifies transition plan for move into supported living.

Engage with a Provider who has a vacancy.

What is SDA funding?

Specialist Disability Accommodation funding

Looks at the bricks and mortar of the home

Focusing on accessibility of the property and on-going maintenance

There is an eligibility assessment and it is currently estimated 6% of people in the NDIS are eligible for SDA

What happens if I have no Funding?

In order to get appropriate funding the participant is required to have a goal in their NDIS plan relating to seeking housing. This needs to be listed as either the first or the second goal.

Once this goal has been identified the NDIS should then provide funding in the Improved Daily Living and Support Coordination to allow for the appropriate report writing.

If you have not listed this as a goal but are seeking accommodation you can apply for a “Change of Circumstances” with the NDIS.

Important information

Pre-planning and preparation of reports can take up to 6 months. If Supported Living is a goal for your family member please start the process now.

Windgap is available to offer you advice throughout the process.

Register interest by completing our enquiry form or contact (02) 8337 3600 or complete a Residential Intake form.