Looking for a New Opportunity?
Windgap is a not-for profit, registered NDIS services provider based in Sydney’s Eastern suburbs. We have been dedicated to improving the quality of life for people living with intellectual disabilities for nearly 70 years. We pride ourselves on the quality and range of services which support our participants and create opportunities for them to live their best life the way they want. We currently have an amazing permanent full time opportunity for an experienced NDIS Account Officer.
About the role:
As the NDIS Accounts Officer you will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer, whilst working collaboratively with our Finance, Direct Services and Case Management teams. This position is responsible for receiving and processing NDIS payment requests, investigating errors and maintaining the billings systems to ensure participants are correctly billed for services delivered in a timely manner.
What you need to succeed:
To be successful as a NDIS Accounts Officer, you should have an aptitude for numerical reasoning that allows you to interpret data and identify trends. You are someone who looks to reduce complexities in processes and make the administrative parts of NDIS accounting hassle free. You have an eye for detail and want to contribute to a growing organisation.
Interested in applying?
To be successful as a NDIS Accounts Officer, you should have an aptitude for numerical reasoning that allows you to interpret data and identify trends. You are someone who looks to reduce complexities in processes and make the administrative parts of NDIS accounting hassle free.
You have an eye for detail and want to contribute to a growing organisation.
To be eligible, you will need to meet the following criteria:
- Relevant experience supporting people with an intellectual disability and/ or children and young people in a related area/ field
- Awareness of the rights of people with intellectual disabilities and/or multiple disabilities
- Strong commitment to inclusion of people with disabilities within the community
- Ability to support and motivate Windgap participants to ensure that they can attempt to reach their full potential at all times
- Possess good knowledge of the disability service standards and ability to “live” them
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and relate to people we support and their families and friends.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and contribute to team goals
- Computer literacy skills, including being a competent user of MS Applications including Word, Outlook, Excel and experience using databases
- Overseeing large budgets and completing reconciliation of such
- Project Management • Competent administrative and documentation skills
- Be flexible, highly motivated, possess emotional intelligence, maturity, a sense of humour and willingness to subscribe to the Windgap mission and values • Maintain current
- NSW driver’s license
- A current or willingness to obtain NDIS Worker Screening Check
- Fully vaccinated
- Desirable – Understanding of and exposure to person-centred practices
Why is Windgap the right workplace for you?
At Windgap, not only do we create opportunities for our Participants to be the best versions of themselves we aim to do that for our employees as well. Here are a few things that may interest you:
- Salary Benefits – Salary Packaging, meals and entertainment – Windgap is PBI registered – therefore you may pay less tax, which means more of your money in your pay packet
- Employee Development Program – We support you to undertake additional training and further develop your career
- Employee Reward and Recognition program including quarterly awards
- Voice Project Best Workplace Award winner 2021 – work for an organisation that works with you on creating the best opportunities.
If you are passionate about working for an organisation with a vision of making a difference in people’s lives, then please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed as received so you are encouraged to apply without delay.
Windgap promotes diversity and inclusion. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from different cultural backgrounds, LGBTIQ+ people and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.