Do you want to work for an organisation who makes a positive difference to the lives of people with a disability?
Windgap Foundation is currently experiencing exciting changes and growth. We currently looking for an experienced and highly engaged Quality and Assurance Manager to implement and meet internal and external WHS, quality, risk and NDIS quality and safeguard commission compliance standards. This is a Permanent Full Time opportunity working with the management team. You will plan, conduct and report on internal audits, lead preparation for our NDIS audit/s, assist with some NDIS reporting functions, respond to audit results and reporting requirements, improve quality, risk and compliance outcomes, and oversight WHS systems and processes across Windgap’s various sites.
Your key responsibilities in the role are to:
– Ensure Windgap remains compliant with legislation and the NDIS Quality and Safeguard Commission framework
– Manage the day-to-day duties of Risk management systems and processes including risk assessments, support employees and managers to implement control mitigations, and data and trend analysis and making appropriate recommendations
– Assist with various reporting and control functions related to NDIS reportable incidents and positive behaviour support plan authorisations
– Be the first point of contact for any WHS incidents and manage any investigations and potential claims
– Implement safety management systems through developing policies, procedures and documents as required.
The ideal candidate will be someone who has in depth knowledge of the NDIS within a disability or human services organisation. You have experience oversighting organisational safety. You’re highly organised, and have the ability to think both analytically and strategically whilst driving results under a continuous improvement framework. You will have an understanding of risk and compliance frameworks, NDIS Quality and Safeguard
Commission Standards, Australian Standards, WHS regulations, and their practical application. Presentation of clear outcomes driven reporting and document management will be second nature to you.
An attractive and competitive salary package will be negotiated with the right candidate.
Windgap also offers the following benefits:
– Salary packaging under Windgap’s PBI status
– Professional development, including any relevant paid training
– Employee assistance program
– You will be rewarded with a brilliant team culture, inspiring leadership and meaningful work, with a mission to enrich the lives of people with Intellectual Disability.
– Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent qualifications
– Proven experience with 3+years in a related Quality, Risk and Compliance position or relevant not-for-profit organisation ideally in a multi-site organisation.
– In-depth knowledge and experience working across the NDIS and compliance with the NDIS Quality and Safeguard Commission Framework and Practice standards.
– Expert knowledge of WH&S legislation, regulations, codes and standards
– A thorough conceptual understanding of risk management principles
– Interpretation of relevant Government acts, regulations and policies experience
– Ability to influence capability at all stakeholder levels
– Proactive with a high level of initiative and excellent organisation skills.
– Demonstrated project management skills, and the ability to manage priorities and meet deadlines.
– Strong commitment to inclusion of people with disabilities within the community;
– A certified and experienced Return to Work Coordinator
– Experience in manual handling training
– Proven experience developing, implementing and maintaining business systems;
– Previous experience in the conducting and coordination of audits;
– Ability to use initiative and work in a self motivated manner;
– Ability to work under pressure and effectively multi-task;
– Experience working as a part of multi-disciplinary team;
– Auditing qualification;
– Previous experience working with ISO9001, 4801, and Disability Service standards;
– Experience working in the disability services sector;
– Understand the principles of empowerment and social integration.
If successful you’ll need to undertake an NDIS Worker Check and provide your COVID-19 vaccination certificate to Windgap.
Windgap promotes diversity and inclusion. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from different cultural backgrounds, LGBTIQ+ people and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
If this sounds like your next career move, apply today by emailing Erika Hewitt at email@example.com with your response to the selection criteria outlined below and your resume by COB Monday 10 January 2022.