Join Windgap’s Marketing team!
Are you interested in Marketing and Fundraising to make a difference to the lives of others?
At Windgap, we create opportunities for people with disabilities to achieve their goals and live life to the fullest.
Started by a group of parents 70 years ago, Windgap is a not-for-profit organisation based in Sydney’s Eastern Suburbs, providing a range of programs and services for over 200 adults with disabilities. We foster independence, empowerment and continued learning, to ensure everyone has the opportunity to be included in the community and workplace.
About the role:
As the full time Marketing and Fundraising Coordinator, in conjunction with the Marketing team, you will work across a diverse range of tasks and projects from campaigns (online and offline), fundraising and sponsorship as well as framework development for new activities the Marketing team are commencing. This is a hands on, exciting role where you will get to enjoy seeing the outcomes of the projects you work on and the difference the funds raised make to the lives of our service users.
The position is based in Banksmeadow with the opportunity for some remote work.
With every campaign, or marketing collateral you produce, you will be assisting the successful delivery of Windgap’s strategic plan to increase awareness, create opportunities to meet the needs and goals of people with disabilities, and ensure our programs and initiatives continue to improve and grow.
Your key tasks will include:
- Deepening engagement and strengthening relationships with our existing stakeholders
- Oversee community fundraising activities
- Supporting the marketing team through coordination of our online presence and communication activity with all stakeholders of Windgap
- Developing a framework to enable bequest/ legacy giving
What you need to succeed:
- Strong commitment to inclusion of people with disabilities within the community;
- Experience/ qualification in marketing, communications, fundraising or and/or in a similar role;
- High standard of written communication skills (documents, emails and proposals) and verbal (presentations) communication skills;
- Ability to use applicable software to produce and edit newsletters (Mailchimp), mail merge etc.
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team environment with a diverse range of volunteers and other stakeholders;
- Experience in working in a not for profit or within the disability sector – will be highly regarded
- Current NSW driver’s licence.
Why is this the right opportunity for you?
This is a hands-on, fast paced and rewarding role. At Windgap not only do we create opportunities for our participants to be the best versions of themselves, we create opportunities for our employees as well. Here are a few things that may interest you:
- Salary Benefits – Salary Packaging, meals and entertainment, vehicle leasing – more take home pay
- Employee Development Program – We support you to undertake additional training aligned with your career goals
- Support – work in a supportive team and gain on the job skills development
- Make a direct impact – see the difference your work makes in creating opportunities for our participants
- Voice Project Best Workplace Award winner 2021 and 2022 – work for an organisation that works with you on creating the best opportunities.
This is a hands-on, challenging and rewarding role. If you are passionate about working for an organisation with a vision of making a difference in people’s lives, then please submit your cover letter and resume to 2HumanResources@windgap.org.au. Applications will be reviewed as received so you are encouraged to apply without delay.
Windgap promotes diversity and inclusion. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from different cultural backgrounds, LGBTIQ+ people and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. The successful applicant will require a NDIS Worker Screening Clearance prior to commencement.