Join Windgap’s Support Coordination team!
Are you passionate about supporting people with psychosocial, intellectual and physical disabilities to maintain their independence, gain equal access to services, combat discrimination and uphold their dignity?
Windgap is a not-for profit, registered NDIS services provider based in Sydney’s Eastern suburbs. We have been dedicated to improving the quality of life for people living with intellectual disabilities for 70 years. We pride ourselves on the quality and range of services which support our participants and create opportunities for them to live their best life the way they want.
Windgap Foundation currently has a Permanent Full Time position available within our Support Coordination team. If successful, you will be working alongside a supportive team of qualified allied health professionals who operate under an anti-oppressive, human rights and strength-based framework. Our team centres social justice and is passionate about ensuring that everyone with a disability is able to gain access to the appropriate resources to achieve their goals.
As part of the role, Windgap support coordinators receive external supervision and are provided with regular opportunities for professional development. Flexible working conditions are offered to our employees and for the right candidate a 4-day per role would be considered.
About the role:
As a Support Coordinator you will provide case management support to individuals living with a disability/mental distress. This support may involve:
- Working alongside clients to complete needs assessments and identify relevant goals
- Connecting clients to relevant mainstream/disability services and fostering strong connections with external stakeholders
- Providing capacity building support in order to strengthen an individual’s ability to coordinate and implement their NDIS funding
- Supporting individuals to find relevant housing or employment opportunities
- Providing a safe and supportive environment that allows clients to navigate points of crises and receive appropriate support
What you need to succeed:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or extensive experience in case management, disability or community services
- Knowledge and understanding of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) and the disability sector
- Previous experience supporting people with disability and knowledge of community services
- Highly effective communication skills with demonstrated experience conducting interviews/assessments with people with disability and their families/carers and health professionals
- Comprehensive report writing skills and strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated experience applying assessment tools to identify support needs
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to adapt quickly to a changing environment
- Demonstrated computer skills, including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Outlook with experience recording progress notes
- Valid Australian Driver’s Licence
- Knowledge of NDIS funding categories and price guide
- Experience in NDIS plan interpretation
- Experience in a Support Coordination role
Why is Windgap the right workplace for you?
At Windgap not only do we create opportunities for our Participants to be the best versions of themselves we aim to do that for our employees as well. Here are a few things that may interest you:
- Salary Benefits – Salary Packaging, meals and entertainment – Windgap is PBI registered – therefore you may pay less tax, which means more of your money in your pay packet
- Employee Development Program – We support you to undertake additional training and further develop your career
- Employee Reward and Recognition program including quarterly awards
- Voice Project Best Workplace Award winner 2021 and 2022 – work for an organisation that works with you on creating the best opportunities.
This is a hands-on, challenging and rewarding role. If you are passionate about working for an organisation with a vision of making a difference in people’s lives, then please submit your cover letter and resume to 2HumanResources@windgap.org.au. Applications will be reviewed as received so you are encouraged to apply without delay.
Windgap promotes diversity and inclusion. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from different cultural backgrounds, LGBTIQ+ people and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
The successful applicant will require a NDIS Worker Screening Clearance prior to commencement.