How do I join Walk with Windap?
If you’re registering for the Walk With Windgap challenge, follow these 5 easy steps:
- Describe your challenge on your personal fundraising page
- Send your fundraising page to your family, friends and colleagues – everyone you know to sponsor you!
- Do your walk / challenge
- Feel awesome that you have helped positively impact the lives of adults with disabilities!
When and where is Walk with Windgap?
The great thing about Walk with Windgap is that it's whenever and wherever you like!
You can go for a daily stroll in your neighbourhood, reach your daily km’s on your treadmill, hit the gym or enjoy a weekly coastal walk with friends.
How much does it cost?
Adult - $35
Child (under 18 years) - $10
Corporate team (up to 6 people per team) - $1,000
NDIS Participant – Free
PLUS, every registrant will receive a complimentary Walk with Windgap hat!
How do I share my fundraising page?
When you view your page, you will see a ‘Share’ button alongside the usual ‘Donate’ button.
When you click on ‘Share’, you will see various options to share via Facebook, SMS, Email or to Copy the link.
How do I register a Corporate team?
Thank you for your interest in registering as a Corporate team!
Please see the below instructions on how to register as a Corporate team:
- Click here and fill out the corporate online form.
- We will get back to you within one business day with a unique coupon code for all of your team members (up to 6 people) to register.
- Once you receive your unique coupon code, get all your team members to register here.
- Ensure that all your team members select the ‘Corporate Team’ registration type, and know their team leader and/or team name, and have their coupon code before registering.
- That’s it! If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
How do I edit my Go Fundraise page?
Once you register, Go Fundraise will send you an email with your personal Go Fundraise page.
The email will look like the below, click on Edit Page button.
You can edit your Profile Image, Target, Page Title, Fundraising Story.
Once you have made your edits, click Save at the top of the page!
How do I track my steps / goal?
Click here to view how to connect your Fitbit or Strava account to track your steps / goal.
The activity tracker will be enabled on the 26th of February - the Friday before the challenge begins on Monday the 1st of March!
How do I track my steps / goal if I don't have a Fitbit or Strava?
After you register, you will have your own personal fundraising page. On your personal fundraising page, there is a ‘Log Activity’ button on the right-hand side of the page.
By clicking the ‘Log Activity’ function, you can log your activity manually by filling out the fields below.
Are donations tax-deductible?
Yes! Donations over $2 are tax-deductible. Your friends and family can donate any amount they like to support you.
What do I do with cash donations?
Follow these easy steps:
- Deposit the funds into the Windgap Foundation account, details as follows:
- Commonwealth Bank, Account name: Windgap Foundation Ltd
- BSB: 062-148
- Account number: 1000 7400
- Reference: Your full name + postcode
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details:
- Your name
- The amount deposited
- The date deposited
- The full names, addresses, email addresses and amount donated of any of your supporters who require a tax receipt and/or who wish to be acknowledged on your fundraising page (note that we can’t issue receipts to ‘Grandma’ or ‘Uncle John’ - full names are required!)
- We’ll take care of the rest! We’ll send out receipts to your supporters who need them, and add their names to your fundraising page so their donation is added to your total. Yay!
Will all donations people give me still go towards helping adults with disabilities?
Yes! All donations and funds raised from this event will directly go towards improving the programs and services at Windgap, that adults with disabilities access each and every day.
How do I receive my Walk with Windgap hat?
Once you've registered, you can pick it up from our Head Office in Banksmeadow, or alternatively we'll post it out to you (registrant must pay for postage costs).
Click here to view our head office location
How do I find out more information on The Windgap Foundation?
Can I share my photos and tag Windgap?
Yes please! We would love to see your photos and you sweating it up during March to reach your goals!
Make sure you use the hashtag #walkwithwindgap2021 too!
Do you have any more questions?
We're here to help! Please contact us on 02 8337 3600 or email email@example.com